FAQ: Is There A Way to Download Kyrona’s MP3 Audio Files (or any other file) Onto My iPhone ?
ANSWER: In short the answer is No.
Sadly Apple phone’s do not provide this basic much needed functionality.
The iPhone doesn’t provide any means of downloading an mp3 (or any other file) and saving it locally on the phone without a 3rd Party App. You can stream it, but not save it for later off-line listening.
This is a problem if you are like me and I love to listen to Kyrona’s sessions when I am at the beach or in a sacred space away from the computer which usually requires the Audio file to be stored locally on the phone.
THERE ARE 2 OPTIONS I USE TO SAVE THE FILES LOCALLY ON MY PHONE ?
***OPTION 1 – DIRECTLY FROM MY IPHONE 4S USING A 3RD PARTY APP***
Purchase the “iDownloads+ Pro” app from the app store
- Tap the app app store icon and then tap the ‘Search’ icon in the bottom icon bar.
- Search for “mp3 downloader” to see a list of all apps or search directly for “i downloads plus pro”.
- Purchase, install and then Open the ‘iDownloads Plus PRO’ app. ( you may have to install the free version and then upgrade to PRO depending on your phone).
- Once the app is open Tap the ‘Browser’ icon on the bottom left of the icon bar and then enter the URL of the page at Kyrona.com which contains the MP3 file you wish to download onto the phone and then TAP the [Go] Button.
(REMINDER: you may need to login to your Kyrona.com Membership to get access to the download page)
- When the kyrona.com page loads scroll just scroll down to the [Download] button and then click it. (If am message box appears at this point then click [Allow] to allow pop up window to appear).
- In the pop Up Box choose [Download] (or [Download As] if you wish to change the name of the file) and the file will be downloaded onto the phone for you to play late.
For app support on exporting the MP3, playing your file in other apps on your phone and much more then here is a link to the apple itunes website https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idownloads-plus-pro-downloader/id429644751?mt=8
***OPTION 1 – USING YOUR PC OR MAC***
There is a clunky workaround that I use which requires a computer and DropBox on both the computer and the iPhone:
- download the desired mp3’s on my computer.
- copy them from the computer to DropBox
- access the files via DropBox on the iPhone
- mark them as “favorites”, which stores them locally for offline viewing.
Both options are a bit Clunky I know but until Apple provides a decent OS, it is not possible using the iPhone alone.