Indigo children were the first wave of the new children, entering between the late 1960’s through to 2001..ish.
As I have said in my previous article “Who Are the New Children – Part 1” the new children are entering our Earth in waves and many of the waves overlap each other, so no child can be put into a standard boxed definition! Which of course is perfect!
This being said Indigo aspects can’t be missed! If you have a child under 12 who is indigo you will recognise them here!
My husband Darryn and I both hold strong aspects of the Indigo Wave, so I do resonate with this wave strongly and understand it intimately! In this article I detail some key traits of indigos and offer REAL WORLD tips on how to best support your indigo child to thrive in our very real world..
First up – the Indigo Children are the paradigm busters, they instinctively know there is something wrong with our world, our society and its sweeping rules. Better still they are not shy in letting people know about it and they do what they can to change it.
As a point of interest, Indigo’s did not get their name because of the prevalence of indigo blue in found in their aura, this is a common misconception.
Common Traits of Indigo Children (their energetic signature)
There is much written on these children, in particular by Lee Carroll/Jan Tober in their book ‘THE INDIGO CHILDREN – The New Kids Have Arrived’ and its sequels. In their book they summarise the ten attributes that best describe the Indigo Child as;
- They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).
- They have a feeling of “deserving to be here,” and are surprised when others don’t share that.
- Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents “who they are.”
- They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
- They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
- They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don’t require creative thought.
- They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like “system busters” (nonconforming to any system).
- They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
- They will not respond to “guilt” discipline (“Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did”).
- They are not shy in letting you know what they need.
To this list I would add the following important traits;
“Diagnosing Indigo’s as ADHD is to misunderstand them completely – As Doreen Virtue puts it ‘ADHD should stand for Attention Dialled into a Higher Dimension’ this would indeed accurately describe this wave of New Frequency Children!” Kyrona Unity Hope
- Indigo’s are naturally more intelligent and fast thinking, more sensitive and more clairvoyant than the ordinary human, with access to a greater range of human potential.
- They are also creative, and often able to access the left and right brains with ease, making them artistically gifted, but also technologically competent and adventurous.
- They have natural access to the gifts of clairvoyance and healing.
- Indigo Children can sense dishonesty, like a dog can sense fear. Indigos know when they’re being lied to, patronized, or manipulated. And since their collective purpose is to usher us into a new world of integrity, the Indigos inner lie-detectors are integral. This warrior spirit is threatening to some adults. And the Indigos are unable to conform to dysfunctional situations at home, work, or school. They don’t have the ability to dissociate from their feelings and pretend like everything’s okay …unless they are medicated or sedated.
- These children also communicate psychically along universal grid lines, communicating with each other indigo’s and anyone else who is communicating along the grid lines.
- They have often been misunderstood and labelled with ADD and ADHD.
- Like all New Frequency Children, these children are very sensitive to energy and the frequency of their environments! They thrive when they are in high frequency environments that are energetically clear and protected. As has been mentioned they are most comfortable when surrounded by people of higher frequency and consciousness.
- Indigos seem to register emotional, physical, and psychological input at an unusually high frequency, in the same way some audio equipment is designed to pick up sound waves in the upper ranges. Consequently, their systems reach overload more quickly. This means that they tire more easily, can become confused from too much noise or chaos. Like the Crystals, they have extremely sensitive neural systems. Excessive excitement or prolonged stimulation can cause them to withdraw into themselves. Adults misunderstand this behavior as being contrary or difficult, when it is simply the Indigo child attempting to find emotional respite.
- As infants, they are alert from the start. The most frequent comment from parents of Indigos is that the baby was awake, wide-eyed, and curious from the moment of birth. These infants do not seem to have the unfocused eyes of a newborn.
- As infants, Indigos develop at a very rapid rate. In manuals dexterity and gross motor coordination they will develop than their peer group during the first two years. As they ponder the problems of manipulation, it is as if the observer is see the step-by-step thinking process of the Indigo. It is fascinating to watch them as they discover, observe, and interact with physical world, sorting and sifting data, making decisions achieving successes far beyond usual expectations. These children are very gifted, but in a new and different way. truly want to understand, not for the sake of enhanced esteem or for the privileges that come to the gifted child, because of their natural inquisitiveness.
- Spirituality as expressed by an Indigo is an example what it would be like to live without the guilt and fear used by many religions to intimidate and manipulate. Indigos sense the nature of their own divinity, that part of themselves that is a reflection of perfection. Indigos accept their spirituality as a fact of being.
- Indigos seem to have been born knowing everything. The seem to come into this existence with all the information other times, other places, intact. It is as if they remember where they have been prior to coming here.
- Indigos have a unique relationship with the Higher Power. Most ‘of us consider the Higher Power to be above us; our’ spiritual evolution is a process of reaching and striving to elevate ourselves through knowledge, spiritual practices, and examination of our own inner selves. Indigos seem to have an. inner sense of the Higher Power. To an Indigo, the Higher Power is a daily reality, not a theological concept. God is.
- Indigos find it easy to conform to institutionalized spiritual practices. Even as young children they have a gift for spiritual pursuits such as meditation, and an appreciation of ceremonial accoutrements such as incense, medicine rocks, and smudge,”, sticks. They often choose them as playthings. They intuitively’ incorporate reverence and honor into their behavior, handling the spiritual objects with love and respect. They respond easily and naturally to prayer and meditation rituals; they seem to love the quiet time as well as the space. Indigos are spiritually eclectic, able to incorporate many spiritual traditions, rituals, and symbol systems simultaneously, taking peace and comfort from each. They are not bound by old traditions, habits, or. belief systems. These children know that there is an order and a pattern to the universe that has little to do with the rules and regulations others make up. They are able to construct a holistic spirituality within themselves, to build an inner temple capable of accommodating many divergent belief systems.
- Because Indigos are born knowing everything, they have easy access to the whole spectrum of what is known in the paranormal or psychic world. Because they know-and know that they know-they are less willing than others to filter out or deny these alternate realities. Many of these children sense the technology of the future.
Bottom Line for Parents of Indigo’s
Acceptance of the more sensitive systems of your Indigo Child will pay rich dividends for you. Thus learning how to create high frequency, protected environments that support your child is vital. As is providing a peaceful, calm and nurturing environment. Make sure you access my FREE HEALTHY HOME: CHILDSAFE GUIDE to support you with this.
It is also vital to become familiar with how to communicate most effectively with these children and how to inspire them – deep contemplation of the traits listed above, as they relate to your child will offer you much guidance when it comes to this. As will communicating with their higher self.
Additionally be aware that Indigo Children respond quickly to Living Light Language frequencies (such as the Celestial Resonance I channel) and this can truly support them in their daily existence, experiment with this.
There are more and more books on Indigo Children available and certainly most the articles on this site will support you also. I would highly recommend “The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children” by Doreen Virtue to start.
In the new world which the Indigos are ushering in, we will all be much more aware of our intuitive thoughts and feelings. We won’t rely so much upon the spoken or written word. Communication will be faster, more direct, and more honest, because it will be mind to mind.
Already, increasing numbers of us are getting in touch with our psychic abilities. Our interest in the paranormal is at an all-time high, accompanied by books, television shows, and movies on the topic. So, it’s not surprising that the generation following the Indigos (The Crystals) are incredibly telepathic.
To learn more about The Crystal Children, go to the article “Who Are The Crystal Children” (Coming Soon).
If you would like further detailed traits, please review the article on Who are The Star Children – Part 3 (Coming Soon), this offers a great check-list worth contemplating (not that we can put any children in a particular box – especially the indigo’s!).
My Heart to Yours, My Soul to Yours
Kyrona Unity Hope
Creator and Principal of the New Frequency Child BLOG and Program